Saturday, March 29, 2008

Star F*cking (that asterisk is for those of you with delicate sensibilities)

This is a post I posted on my myspace blog, but since I really am not wild about myspace (and how can you possibly be wild about a website that really only has full functionality in Internet Explorer) I figured I'd repost it here which is a touch ironic since the post itself relates entirely to the whole myspace "friends" thing (and because, you know, my readship is so wide and varied on this site).

Star F*cking all the way to the Century Mark

Some of you may have noticed that I’ve been adding celebrities to our friends list at a brisk clip. I’ve also been including them in the "Top Friends" list, which may or may not be annoying some of you depending on whether or not you used to be on the "Top Friends" list.

There are two reasons for this. One is that I’ve been trying to reach the 100 Friends mark (I’m just kind of needy that way), so I was adding friends (plus, I just need all the positive affirmation I can get, sniff...). The other is that I’ve been adding friends who have some celebrity, not, as you might think, in the hope that some one of them might see our valiant, if humble efforts to provide top-notch, sex-farce comedy to the internet audience (which is clearly and sorely lacking of such material) and pass that information along to some one of their high-powered, juice-wielding friends who could make a single phone call and have us all employed providing top-notch, sex-farce comedy to the television or feature film audience (which is clearly and sorely lacking of such material) but in fact I’ve been adding celebrity friends with the hope that some of you out there might say, hmmm... I wonder if they really KNOW that guy?

-RJ

Full Disclosure: I actually have met, was complimented by, and traded a few brief emails with Jackie "The Jokeman" Martling.

No comments: