Friday, September 19, 2008

Netflix thou confuseth me.

I've been a member of Netflix for neigh on three years now and over the course of that time I've gotten several mailers from them, and today I got an email from them, all along the same lines. The cover, and in this case the subject line touts a great member bonus.

"Special member bonus inside."

Yet, when I fall for opening it what I'm presented with is a coupon that I can give my friends or family to get one month free. Given that Netflix will pretty much give anyone at anytime and anyplace a free month, how exactly is this a "Special member bonus" for me???

Ah - my mistake. Apparently the Bonus is that when they redeem this free bonus trial I get one free bonus rental. Hmmm... let's see... most of the time I don't have the time to watch the three movies I'm entitled to... so I ask again, how is this exactly a bonus for me?

No comments: